10 Principles of Floral Design: for Flower Arrangement
Every person has some talent hidden in him. The need is to tap that talent and next opportunities are needed to turn that talent into the money-earning profession. If you have an artistic outlook and the ability to arrange things beautifully, try creating flower bouquets first only for yourself and later as a part-time business run from the confines of your home.
Get some captivating blooms from the flower shops and arrange them using the tips given by florists. Initially, you might have some trouble in arranging the flowers according to colour combinations, but a little practice and you will achieve accuracy.
But if you are short of time and have to attend an occasion, you can take the services of our team for flower delivery in Saudi Arabia. As you are aware of the nuances of flower decorations it will not be difficult for you to select a mesmerizing flower arrangement from our enormous collection of flowers at www.arabianflora.com.
Before you set down for flower arrangement as a hobby or a profession, you should be aware of the important principles of floral design which should be followed during the creation of the floral wonders.
1. Radiation- Floral radiation is extremely important while constructing a flower bouquet. The floral foam that is used at the base of the vase or jar should have the ability to hold the stems in such a way that they appear to be originating from one single point.
The stems are often unequal in length; to make them seem equal, wooden picks should be used to increase the length of the short stems.
2. Balance- Having symmetrical bouquet is not the only one which is considered balance. The bouquet can be in the shape of a crescent or a triangle shape. An easy way to check the balance of the flower arrangement is by examining it from the front, back, top and side after the bouquet has been completed.
3. Focal point- Every flower arrangement has a focal point which is the most important part of the bouquet. This is usually the centre of the bouquet where the eye rests when one looks at it. The principle of flower arrangement is to use exotic or expensive flowers in that area and surround them with common and small flowers.
4. Contrast- Contrasting is extremely important to bring out the depth in the design. If dark colours are favoured by you, place light shaded flowers near the dark ones, to bring out the beauty of the dark hues.
Placing all the dark-hued flowers in one area will mar the balance of the bouquet as that area will appear darker than the rest of the bouquet and pull the attention of the onlookers to that flaw.
5. Proportion- The flower arrangement should be in proportion to the flower vase in which it is displayed, the size of the room should also be considered while creating a bouquet because a small bouquet in a large room will go unnoticed while an enormous bouquet in a very small room will be utterly mismatched.
6. Rhythm- To create rhythm in a flower arrangement, certain things should be kept in mind. The Fibonacci sequence should be used while placing flowers in the flower arrangement.
To keep the Rhythm intact repetition of colours or flowers should be in such a way that they attract the eye not only on one area of the creation but on the whole bouquet at one time.
7. Dominance- Dominance is one of the most important principles of floral design that should be followed. A single type of flower in a single shade used throughout the flower arrangement creates dominance of that colour and flower in the bouquet.
The other unimportant flowers just create the background. The competition of two colours in a bouquet may result in the loss of interest of the onlooker.
8. Variety- Creating a flower bouquet with only one type of flower according to your preference may make the flower arrangement extremely boring. Therefore, using only that flower, variety should be added by the inclusion of greenery like decorative leaves and twigs to make the piece interesting.
9. Repetition- Prominence of one kind of flower or the repeated use of a variety of flowers in the flower arrangement attracts the attention towards the flowers or the colours. This also means the unity of flowers used results in the prominence of that bloom.
10. Transition- Transition of the various shapes or phases of the flowers are very important while arranging them in the flower arrangement. The principle of flower arrangement is that the buds should be placed in the top section of the bouquet, followed by a partly opened flower.
Finally, the fully bloomed flower should be placed in the centre of the flower arrangement to make it the centre of attraction.
When you choose bouquets for flower delivery in Turkey, keep in mind these principles and you will surely choose a flower arrangement which is proportionately balanced and extremely captivating.