A travel itinerary should be planned keeping in mind the famous tourist attractions. For instance, London is a synthesis of architecture, art and culture and a tour of London would be incomplete without visiting Big Ben, London Eye, and Tower Bridge and so on.
London is synonymous with London Eye, Tower Bridge and Big Ben. It is the land of murky Thames, exclusive museums, upscale clubs, swanky bars, plush restaurants, lush parklands and enticing art galleries. In order to have a fulfilling trip to a popular destination like London, the travel itinerary should be chalked out to include the most sought-after tourist attractions of London.
Most Popular Tourist Attractions of London:
1) British Museum: It is by far the most popular tourist destination of London visited by millions of tourists from all over the world.
2) National Gallery and Tate Modern: These are the chic art galleries famous for its commendable collection of international modern and traditional art and western European paintings.
3) Science Museum and Natural History Museum: The exclusive Natural History Museum of London flaunts a range of earth and life science specimens within the broad classes, such as botany, palaeontology, mineralogy, zoology and entomology. The Science Museum is situated in South Kensington on the Exhibition Road and lures around 3.3 million of tourists around the globe.
4) Tower of London: It is officially Her Majesty’s Royal Palace and Fortress of Tower of London is a historic castle situated on the banks of the River Thames in Central London. The tower has served as an armoury, treasury, home for the Royal mint, public record office, home for the Crown Jewels of England, menagerie.
5) London Eye: It is a huge Ferris wheel situated on the southern bank of the River Thames in London. It is known as the Millennium Wheel or the British Airways London Wheel, EDF Energy London Wheel, Merlin Entertainment London Wheel or the Coca Cola London Wheel. The structure has a diameter of 394 feet and is 443feet tall. This gigantic wheel helps in seeing 40 kilometres all around.
6) South Bank Centre: This architectural marvel is located on the banks of River Thames and offers breathtaking views of St. Paul’s Cathedral to London Eye. It is an art centre with extraordinary history and creative space. It includes the Hayward Gallery, Purcell Room, Poetry Library, Queen Elizabeth Hall. It is an internationally acclaimed arts centre situated on the South Bank of River Thames and hosts many cultural events, such as music, art, dance and so on.
7) Victoria and Albert Museum: This eminent museum celebrates the design and art of 3000 years old spectacular art facts from around the world. It is home to sculpture, paintings, furniture, textiles metalwork and so on.
8) Somerset House: This marvellous architectural building houses the Courtald Gallery with its impressive collection of impressionist, old masters and post-impressionist paintings.
Apart from these commendable tourist attractions, book tours and activities, such as Shoreditch street art tours, brake away bike tours, Thames rib experience, Thames rockets, alternative London sandeman’s new London tours and so on to complete the incredible tour of London.