Benefits of Ceylon Black Tea
It’s no doubt that Tea is one of the most celebrated drinks in the world. For more than a century, Ceylon Black Tea has been the lifeline of Sri Lankan exports and trade. Sri Lanka satisfies over 11% of the global demand for tea and is one of the largest exporters of handpicked conventional tea which satisfies the global Demand. Ceylon tea Sri Lanka is one of the top five tea producing countries in the world today.
Ceylon Black Tea continues to be in the center stage in Sri Lanka tea export business, amidst Despite Sri Lanka’s adoption of other varieties and flavors of tea. Rich with a flavor and goodness unique to Sri Lanka, Ceylon Black Tea is scientifically proven to have a unique composition of Flavones. Flavones are responsible for the crisp citrus aroma unique to Ceylon Black Tea. Ceylon black tea has a multitude of health benefits.
Sri Lanka cultivates tea in Seven regions of tea cultivation in and Ceylon Black Tea is categorized according to its flavors, production method, and leaf size.
Ceylon Black tea is produced as per two methods. The majority of Ceylon Black Tea is produced according to the rational method while a small percentage follow a different production method called CTC.
Original Orthodox Black Tea
Exclusively handpicked by the tea puckers in the hill country and manufactured according to traditional practices of tea manufacturing, Orthodox Ceylon Black Tea can be categorized into the below categories.
- Whole leaf
- Broken leaf
- Dust grads.
Some of the whole leaf grading are OP, OPA, BOP, FBOP ETC.
Other than the Ceylon Black Tea, Tea manufacturers in Sri Lanka produce a range of value-added Ceylon Black Teas for local and global markets by blending Ceylon Black Tea varieties and other ingredients such as fruits and herbs. They are:
- Ceylon Earl Grey Tea
- Ceylon English Breakfast Tea
- Fruit flavored black tea
- Spice flavored black tea
- Decaffeinated Black Tea
Ceylon tea Sri Lanka is manufactured under global food manufacturing guidelines and packed and processed from the source to being delivered to the consumer preserving freshness. Tea exporters in Sri Lanka export tea in bulk, loose leaf tea, tea bags, tea packets, and instant tea varieties to the global market.
Sri Lankan Tea industry maintains the highest quality in the world market and Ceylon tea Sri Lanka has the capability to produce the cleanest tea in the world. This means that the production uses the minimum of pesticides and residues. This has gained Sri Lanka tea the title of “Ozone free tea”.
Benefits of Ceylon Black Tea
- Black tea is good for your heart: Rich in potassium which is present in black tea, it helps to relax the tension in the arteries and blood vessels. This stabilizes the blood pressure and maintains it at a healthy level.
- Good for your Immune system: Ceylon black tea boosts the immune system and enables the body to fight harmful viruses and bacteria. The antioxidants in the Ceylon black tea increases white blood cells in the body.
- Good for weight loss: Ceylon black tea has zero calories. Black tea consists of compounds known as flavonoids, which are known to aid weight loss.
- Good for Skin: The antioxidant components in the black tea aids a radiant and healthy skin
- Fights Cancer: Even though there is no guarantee that black tea prevents cancer, regular consumption of black tea will help minimize the risk and prevent the growth of cancer cells.
- Improve energy levels: The Vitamins and minerals in the tea leaves will improve your energy levels and the caffeine will keep you fit.