How to fix common issues that occur during McAfee scan and its installation?
Fix Common Issues during McAfee scan and installation
- Incompatible security software installed.
McAfee antivirus product will get blocked from installing itself if there is any other security product installed on your computer need to fix McAfee scan and installation.
You can check this list to find the incompatible software installed on your computer. If there is any uninstall it and then try installing McAfee antivirus.
If you have encountered this error, you can check out this article on how you can resolve it. After following the troubleshooting methods, try to install McAfee antivirus.
In case you’re encountering the error again, immediately contact the McAfee team.
Read Also:- computer security threats
Fix these Error 12001, 12156, 12152 during McAfee scan and installation.
If any of the above error code has occurred, it means there is a network problem. A network issue can lead to failure in downloading files during installation.
- Wait for a few minutes and then try to download McAfee files again.
- If there is any problem, visit the official website again and start the download.
- In case the website is taking time to load, reboot your computer, and power cycle the router.
- Now, try again to download the installer file.
- In case the issue persists, immediately Read this article resolving error codes and messages.
The protection you’re trying to install doesn’t…
This error message will appear only when McAfee doesn’t support your operating system. Make sure you check the McAfee System Requirements before installing McAfee again.
In case your OS is outdated, try upgrading it to the latest version and then try to install McAfee antivirus again. If the issue persists, immediately contact the McAfee team.
Invalid serial number.
This error occurs when you enter a wrong serial number and also when the installer can’t contact McAfee’s website.
- Either refresh McAfee’s website or close and open the browser.
- After running the installer and make sure you enter the correct serial number.
- In case of issues persist, immediately contact the McAfee team.
Do this if errors during McAfee installation persists
Even after following the above troubleshooting methods didn’t help, perform the following.
- First, download the McAfee Software Install tool and then run it.
- Provide your registered email address along with password and then click on
- After that click on Start, and follow the on-screen instructions. In order to resolve the error, the tool might uninstall and reinstall McAfee antivirus.
- After it completes the process, your issue should be resolved.
Fix common issues during McAfee scan and installation
Sometimes the real-time scanning feature in McAfee antivirus can arise problems. In case you’re facing issues during McAfee scanning, perform the following.
Download and run the McAfee Diagnose & Repair tool.
The McAfee Diagnose & Repair tool helps in diagnosing and repairing issues in McAfee antivirus products. In case the tool isn’t able to resolve the issue, take the help of a McAfee support technician.
- To download McAfee’s, Diagnose & Repair tool, click here.
- After downloading the tool, double-click it to run it.
- Click on Yes to allow the app to make changes.
- Now, the tool will start diagnosing the issue and try to repair it. During the process, don’t close the tool’s window.
Fix McAfee scanning issues manually.
- Restart your computer to restart all Windows and McAfee services.
- Check whether any other third-party software is installed on your computer that can be conflicting with McAfee. If there is any remove them immediately.
Error message: We’re fixing Real-Time Scanning.
If you see the above message about real-time scanning on McAfee, click on OK and wait for a while. If you recently reboot your computer, real-time scanning may take a while to start.
If the Real-Time scanning status changes, there is no need to perform any troubleshooting methods, in case the issue persists, try reinstalling McAfee on your computer.
If “Turn it on” is displayed.
If real-time scanning shows a turn it on the button, then click on it to resolve the scanning issue. In case after clicking on it does, download the McTriage tool McAfee.com/Activate and run it on your computer.